FREE SCHOOL MEALS
We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help students establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve students’ readiness to learn. School lunch is £2.40 per day, including the main meal and dessert option. As you might already be aware, families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals provided by the school. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Step 1 – Click here to register for Free School Meals on the Tower Hamlets website. The local authority will process your application and send you confirmation either through email or in the post. Once you have received confirmation, move to Step 2.
Step 2 – Complete the form below once you have received confirmation from Tower Hamlets. You will need to upload this evidence alongside information relating to your child. We will then process this internally and update our system.